Your Personal Data
Fair Processing Notice
The Bournemouth-Swanage Motor Road & Ferry Company, also known as the Sandbanks Ferry, will be what is known as a ‘data controller’ for your personal data you provide to us.
We will collect basic personal data about you, which does not usually include any special categories of personal information about you (often referred to as ‘sensitive personal data’). This information does, however, include the likes of your name, email address, address, contact details and payment details (bank).
Why do we need it
We need to know the basic personal data to process payments for our services, i.e. the purchase of bulk tickets, provided by you via our website ordering system, or via email.
What we do with the data
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff in the United Kingdom and, without your permission, we will not send your data to any third party except those who directly assist us to provide the services above. These firms are:
- Fairacres Group Ltd (Head Office);
- Sportsoft of Spectre House, Hombean Park, Harrogate HG2 8PB
You can obtain a copy of the safeguards and any other of Sportsoft’s data protection documentation by visiting their website www.sportsoft.co.uk
Or by applying via post to their address above.
Other parties with whom we may disclose your data are:
- Police, or other enforcement agencies – CCTV images, if we are required to do so for legal reasons;
- External parties who support our IT and payment collection systems;
- Auditors, insurers, banking or accountancy service providers;
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is processed securely.
Where is the data stored Your personal data is stored at the Ferry Office, Shell Bay, Studland.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- For our legitimate Interest: which means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us;
- For the performance of a Contract with you: which means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps, at your request, before entering into such a contract;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: which means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to;
- Consent: generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting as described below.
Keeping data secure
We have procedures in place to keep your data secure and safe from being lost, used or accessed by unauthorised persons. We have restricted the number of staff able to access information to those that have good reason to access it.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected breach of data and we will notify the ICO should any breach be suspected.
We will retain your data for as long as you utilise our services, or until you advise us you no longer wish us to retain your personal data.
CCTV images are retained for 30 days, unless subjected to an investigation, in which case they will be retained until the investigation is complete.
What are your rights?
Under data protection legislation, you have rights regarding the use of your personal data.
If at any point you wish to either confirm whether your personal data is being processed and/or access the data we hold on you, you can request to see this information, usually free of charge, and we will respond to this request within a month. To do this contact us via email to email@example.com, or write to: Data Controller, Bournemouth-Swanage Ferry Company, Ferry Office, Shell Bay, Studland BH19 3BA.
You also have the right for certain data you have provided to Sandbanks Ferry to be provided to you in a structured and commonly used electronic format (for example, a Microsoft Excel file), so that you can move, copy or transfer this data easily to another data controller. You may also request that we transmit this data directly to another organisation where it is practical for us to do so.
You are entitled to have data deleted if it is no longer needed or there is no longer a legitimate reason for the processing, or if the data in question has otherwise unlawfully been processed. You may also request deletion of your personal data if it was only being processed as a result of you consenting to this and you now withdraw your consent.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data (note that this only provides you with the right to raise your objections, not a blanket right to have any and all processing cease).
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, including if you have consented to its accuracy and while this is being verified by Sandbanks Ferry, or if you have objected to its processing and while Sandbanks Ferry is considering whether it has legitimate grounds to continue to do so.
How to complain about the use of your data
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, including in relation to any of the rights outlined above, you can contact the Data Controller at Â Bournemouth-Swanage Ferry Company, Ferry Office, Shell Bay, Studland BH19 3BA, and he will investigate your concerns.Â
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your data unfairly or unlawfully, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find further information about the ICOÂ and their complaints procedure here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you have any concerns regarding the storage/retention of your personal data please contact the Data Controller via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
Bournemouth-Swanage Motor Road & Ferry Company
Telephone 01929 450203.