The Sandbanks Ferry Company has today announced a timetable for the resumption of full-service hours following the Government announcement on 22nd February of a roadmap towards the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
From Monday 1st March to Wednesday 31st March, the ferry will operate from 7.00am from Sandbanks until the later time of 9.00pm for the final daily ferry from Sandbanks.
From Thursday 1st April onwards, the ferry will return to normal operating hours, with the first daily ferry leaving Sandbanks at 7.00am and the final daily ferry operating from Studland at 11.10pm.
These operating hours changes will apply to all classes of passengers.
Mike Kean, Managing Director of the Sandbanks Ferry Company, said: “We are pleased that the ferry, alongside other parts of daily life, can now begin to return to normal operating hours as traffic volumes increase.
“We were pleased to be able to maintain the ferry service throughout this third national lockdown for all the residents who relied on us to travel to work, university or local hospitals during this challenging time. “I would also like to thank all ferry staff for their ongoing professionalism and hard work throughout the pandemic.”
The Ferry Company will continue to comply with the current COVID regulations for travel using public transport until these are lifted by Government, and as such a number of safety measures remain in place on board the ferry to protect passengers and staff.
• Asking passengers to pay by card if they can. Cash is accepted if they have no alternative means of payment.
• All cyclists and foot passengers, aged 11 and over, must wear face coverings while queuing and on board, completely covering the nose and mouth, unless a medical exemption is in place.
• Motorcyclists should keep helmets on during queuing and for the duration of the journey.
• Cyclists and foot passengers must remain in the marked-out social distancing boxes while on board, unless guided otherwise by staff.
• Vehicle passengers should remain in their vehicle while on board the ferry, with windows closed. If necessary, the driver’s side windows may be lowered for ventilation.
• Convertible vehicles must travel with roofs up and windows closed, with driver’s side window ventilation if required.
Details of the ferry timetable can be found at: http://www.sandbanksferry.co.uk/timetable.php. Updates on any daily changes to the service or timetable can also be found at @sandbanksferry on Twitter and on the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sandbanksferry.